A roundtable discussion on education for internally displaced children and young people
Thursday 18 March 2021 | 15:00 - 16:30 CET
The aim of the roundtables, organised by the Advocacy Working Group of the Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies, is to ensure meaningful dialogue with internally displaced young people, teachers and the organisations that work with them. The discussions will identify:
- The education needs of internally displaced children and young people
- Promising practices and policies that contribute to improved access and quality of education for internally displaced children and young people
- Relevant examples and recommendations that can be presented to the High Level Panel on Internally Displaced Persons
The outcome of the roundtables will contribute towards a paper that will be presented to the High Level Panel on Internal Displacement calling for greater attention to the education of IDP children and young people.
If you are a student who has been internally displaced by conflict or emergency we particularly welcome your participation. If you would like to take part, then register your interest here. Places will be limited and priority will be given to students who have experienced forced displacement and to organisations working directly with internally displaced students.
- Christelle Cazabat, IDMC
- Ilia Bortsvadze, South Ossetia, Georgia
- Isaac Otieno, Nile Hope, South Sudan