The Second Urban Resilience Asia Pacific Conference
Friday 4 December 2020 | 13.00 - 13.50 AEDT (Sydney time)
To register to attend, please email URAP2enquiries@unsw.edu.au
Climate induced displacement, emerging patterns of human mobility and rapid urbanisation are increasingly interlinked across the Pacific region, which is transforming relations to land and settlement and redefining notions of island identity. Emerging research in the region is highlighting regional processes of urbanisation that are providing a better understanding of the links between regional mobility, habitation patterns, and perceptions of a changing climate. This session will present research and discuss the challenges and opportunities these issues present for the region.
The workshop will be held online with a platform to support small breakout rooms. Breakout rooms will be moderated by the presenters under a guiding statement or question.
- Scott Lloyd, Urban Researcher, IDMC
- Maria Teresa Miranda Espinosa, Monitoring Expert, IDMC
- Naca Bolo, Project Manager, Pacific Response to Disaster Displacement, IDMC
- Hassan El Maaroufi, Project Manager, Pacific Response to Disaster Displacement, IOM
- Anne Pakoa, Vanuatu Human Rights Coalition (TBC)
- Alexei Trundle, Research Fellow in Sustainable Urban Development, The University of Melbourne
- Begonya Peiro, Sara Vargues, United Nations Human Settlements Programme, Pacific, UN Habitat
More information and full agenda available here.