Virtual launch of a UNICEF policy brief followed by an expert debate co-hosted by the Permanent Mission of Norway (Geneva) and UNICEF.
The risks and challenges for internally displaced children and the urgent actions needed to protect them
5 May 2020, 3.00 - 5.00 PM (CET)
Today, more children than ever before live in internal displacement.
Invisible statistically, they are often forgotten in debates and responses on internal displacement and face a critical lack of access to basic services.
This event brings together experts, member states, UN agencies, civil society partners and youth to discuss the scale, scope and solutions for internally displaced children and youth, drawing on the latest data with a focus on education and inclusion of IDP youth.
- Meritxell Relaño Arana, Deputy Director Office of Emergency Programmes, UNICEF
- Ambassador Hans Brattskar, Permanent Mission of Norway in Geneva
- Cecelia Jimenez-Damary, Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of IDPs
- Alexandra Bilak, Director, IDMC
- Ekema Ndolo Miranda, Youth Delegate from Cameroon
- Roshaan Wolusmal, Deputy Minister for Urban Affairs at the Ministry of Urban Development and Land, Afghanistan and former Mayor of Kandahar
- Irma Alejandrina Rosa, Minister, Permanent Mission of Honduras to the UN
- George William Okoth-Obbo, Head of the Secretariat of the UN SG’s High-Level Panel on Internal Displacement