The GRID 2016 report covers internal displacement caused by conflict and sudden-onset disasters. In addition it also explores displacement currently "off the grid", such as that caused by criminal and gang violence, slow-onset disasters like drought, and development projects.
View the report landing page with visual key findings, videos, media pack and more.
Download the report here
GRID 2016 Spotlights
The individual spotlights featured in the GRID 2016 are available below:
- Yemen: an overlooked crisis with no end in sight
- Nepal: obstacles to protection and recovery
- El Niño: aggravated risk associated with extreme weather
- DRC: multiple and chronic displacement
- For richer or poorer: protracted displacement in Japan and Haiti
- Syria: trapped in the country, and out of the picture
- Honduras: unearthing a hidden displacement crisis
- Ethiopia: extreme conditions, extreme measures
- Brazil: Olympic Games preparations displace thousands in Rio de Janeiro